Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, December 10, 2012

Rainbow Brite: The Outfit

Happy mid-December everyone! This month has gone by so fast. Which is good, because I can use a nice vacation. This past weekend Steve and I celebrated our one year anniversary with a really good dinner. I can promise you there will be a food review. I might have a new favorite place in town. On Saturday Steve and I took some holiday photos of our friends. I love terrible holiday sweaters and tacky photos. They came out SO GOOD.
Saturday night was the Nashville blogger holiday cocktail party over at Lauren T.'s joint. That girl is quite the hostess and she put together a really nice spread of finger foods. We even had a little organized game of dirty Santa- but because bloggers are awesome people everyone went home with a cool gift. I also got to meet some new blogging ladies- so if you are reading comment and link me to your blog! In attendance was Jen, Lauren W., Emma, Jenna, Trisha, Jill, and probably more that I am forgetting (and I'm sorry!). It was great to hang out with these ladies and their special dudes. I'm looking forward to many more fun times with this great group of women.
On to the outfit! You may have seen a sneak peek of this outfit last week in my Porter Flea review. I got a lot of positive comments about this dress so I'm really happy we squeezed in an outfit post before we left Marathon Village. I snagged this bright dress from Modcloth's annual 50% off Thanksgiving sale. I woke up bright and early on turkey day and snagged some new pieces. I love this dress- it's comfortable, flattering, and bright. (Also, right after these pictures were taken I dumped a bunch of BBQ sauce on the dress. But after some quick thinking, a bit of panic, and a lot of soap and it's as good as new).
The boots were something special I picked up when I was in East Tennessee for Thanksgiving. We went to this shoe outlet that has really nice designer shoes for crazy cheap prices. These lovely yellow boots were hiding in the wrong section. Someone had placed them in the 5 1/2 section but I wanted them so bad that I refused to believe they were that small. And just like Cinderella, the shoe fit. I guess European sizing confused some people- but they are a perfect 6.5! These puppies make my feet really happy.
Dress: Modcloth
Tights: Gift
Necklace: Betsey Johnson
Headband: The BombPom
Boots: East Tennessee Shoe Heaven

30 comments:

  1. I love how bright this is!! I want your yellow boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are my new favorite. I just have to break them in so they become super comfy. They have a ways to go in the that department.

      Delete
  2. That dress is too fantastic for words!!!! I seriously love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha these shots are so fun! You look absolutely beautiful. I do so love me some colour (and some Betsey Johnson, heck yes!), and you are totally killing it! It's sad and grey here today, but these photos totally just brightened it up. So thank you for that!!

    Happy anniversary to you and Steve once again!

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin- you are perpetually the best. Our anniversary was wonderful!

      Betsey Johnson is my obsession. When I lived in New York I would go to her sample sales and rack up on beautiful dresses and cardigans. But now that her retail stores are gone and my bargains won't happen- I doubt I'll be able to pick up more of her stuff :(

      Delete
  4. Aaaaah, this dress...the boots, the tights...just killer. I'm Lisa... it was nice to meet you at Lauren T's house this past weekend. My blog's over at shewasabird.blogspot.com, drop on by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you this weekend as well! I hope to see you at many more Nashville blogger events.

      Delete
  5. Omg you are killin' it in this outfit, lady! Everything is amazing and you look so cute and happy! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm super flattered. You are totally my blog crush right now.

      Delete
  6. So sad i had to miss the blogger party. I will be at the next one. I love how the black bombpoms look with your hair! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So freakin cute! I love those boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything you're wearing! Love it! Especially love the dress and boots. Too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is a pretty amazing compliment! I'll take it.

      Delete
  9. Love it! That is a super cute dress!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love how AMAZING and STRONG you are doing your 35 for 35. :)

      Delete
  11. Lauren, it was so good to see you and Steve on Saturday! You're just so sweet and colorful and fun (HELLO RAINBOW BRITE DRESS, WHAT?!, and his beer was super tasty. I'm looking forward to more blogger meetups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! You looked amazing on Saturday. I love your fascinator and how big it was! We need to do dinner soon!

      Delete
  12. oh I really want yellow boots now! I love this look- it's so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that yellow boots existed until I found these. Now I want to wear them with every outfit. I might have to change the blog title!

      Delete
  13. These photos are absolutely gorgeous! That dress is PERFECT for you, your energy totally makes it :) Love how you styled it with the tights/boots/necklace too. Awesome post pretty lady!!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just so adorable. It is 5am here in Australia so this was a very cheery way to start what is going to be a very long day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips