Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, May 3, 2013

Nashville Food Friday: The Family Wash

Pint and Pie Night at the Family wash in Nashville Tennessee
I'm really surprised that it has taken me this long to review one of my neighborhood favorites, The Family Wash. The Wash has been one of my favorites since I moved to the east side 3 or so years ago. This little place has great food, great beer and a nice rotating selection of local musical talent. Plus, every December they have a jazz group perform A Charlie Brown Christmas, which might be one of my favorite things ever. They get double points for that.
Pint and Pie Night at the Family wash in Nashville Tennessee
The Wash is fairly small with limited table and bar seating. I recently found out that they take reservations, which I highly encourage. The inside is a mish-mosh of thrift store finds, vinyl, Formica and twinkle lights. It feels more like you are hanging out in your friend's basement than at a dining establishment, which is a good thing.
Beer at Pint and Pie Night at the Family wash in Nashville Tennessee
The Family Wash has one of the absolute best deals in town: the $10 Pint and Pie night. Every Tuesday you can get one of their signature Shepherd's Pies along with a pint of beer. Since I'm rather frugal, I usually go to the Wash on Tuesdays. And the majority of the time they have a wonderful beer selection consisting of local favorites and solid craft breweries.
Shepard's Pie at Pint and Pie Night at the Family wash in Nashville Tennessee
Just look at that golden bit of delicious! My favorite way to order a pie is the traditional meat pie with added garlic. They take roasted garlic, mash it up and put it in between the potatoes and the cheese. It's PURE heaven. The portion is really big and I always tell myself I'm only going to eat half and save the rest for later. But I'm delusional and most of the time I eat the entire thing. It's hard to have will power when something is just that good.  

Honestly, growing up I didn't really like Shepard's pie. It was too homey and it reeked of school cafeteria. But one bite of the Wash's  pie and I was hooked. Why weren't all Shepard's pies made like this?! Gosh, if the middle school pies were as good as these I would have been a member of the clean plate club.
Shepard's Pie at Pint and Pie Night at the Family wash in Nashville Tennessee
The Family Wash is a great place to satisfy your comfort food cravings. Their house-made potato chips covered in Gorgonzola and bacon is decadent and drool worthy. Go on a cold day, you won't be disappointed.



Family Wash on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. This place looks so cute, I love the lighting! Aaaand the pie looks ridiculously delicious.
    Little local dives are always my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that place! That's where I met the Mister! Oh gosh, their shepherd's pie. We get the vegetarian ones and they are sooo good. The Mister swears by the giant quinoa salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been there for pint and pie night but it's been on my list! I looooove shepherds pie mostly bc I was always that kid that mixed everything on her lunch tray together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, pint and pie night would be my bf's DREAM. His two favorite things--three if you count being cheap. ;)

    I love your restaurants reviews so much. It's now on my bucketlist to go eat with you in Nashville one day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOKS. SO. GOOD. And veg options! I now want to try that quinoa salad Ms. Kitsch mentioned, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips