Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, October 29, 2012

Candy Corn

Happy Halloween weekend everyone! If you are like me, you celebrated Halloween this past weekend. Having the normal 8-5 job makes weeknight partying almost impossible. Luckily for me, Nashville had a lot of great options going on. On Friday night I went to a Zombie party in a sweet warehouse space. Steve's band Scale Model entertained the crowd. There was even a professional make-up artist turning regular people into flesh eating monsters.
Saturday included a quick trip to the flea market (thanks Lauren!) and a few hours spent at work. At night Steve and I got dressed up again and went to a friends house party. I always love seeing my friends all dressed up in super creative costumes. On Sunday Steve and I took a nice trip to Percy Warner Park and took a nice fall hike. If you watch the show Nashville, you might recognize this park from last weeks episode. Rayna and her guitarist dude had a deep conversation here. We took these pictures while walking around Percy Warner. PW might be my new favorite park for the sheer number of dogs people bring there. I was stopping every five feet to pet a puppy. I can't wait until I have a little puppy of my own to play with in the leaves.
The weather was perfect. At first I thought I was going to be cold- the forecast said only 55 degrees. When I opened my door to have morning coffee on my back porch I was pleasantly surprised. It was almost hot in the direct sun. I figured this might be the last time I get to pull off tights and shorts this season so I ran with it. Oh, and these tights? I actually picked them up at JoAnn's fabric. They were having a super discount sale on a bunch of random Halloween things- and I'm not one to turn down $2 tights. I feel like the bee girl in these.
 
I was also pretty stoked because on Friday my package from Kelsea Echo arrived. I ordered one of her trick or treat mystery bags during her fundraising effort Help A Heart. I was really impressed with all that she was doing and I wanted to chip in. So happy I did because she raised a lot of money and I got a bunch of really cute jewelry.

Sweater: JCrew, super old
Shorts: Posh (sale)
Tights: JoAnns Fabric and Crafts
Shoes: Puma
Necklace: Kate Spade

31 comments:

  1. GIRL. You look freaking gorgeous in these pictures, holy shit! Especially the third one. I mean, obvs you're always totally beautiful & perfect; these pictures just really really captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are STUNNING!! That outfit is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks :) Today is definitely a day where I can use a good compliment.

      Delete
  3. Love it. The whole outfit is great. My favorite is the one of your jumping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too! I tried so hard to make it look cool- but it didn't really work. I do enjoy the awkward result.

      Delete
  4. I love these colours! You look absolutely perfect for Halloween, and it is such a fun outfit. You look gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was feeling the Halloween spirit. :)

      If only I could go hiking in full costume and not look like a crazy person!

      Delete
  5. This is such a crazy cool outfit! I LOVE that sweater. Those tights are super fun and I love how you look in them!!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! The sweater is very old, but it is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  6. What you're wearing is already too cute, but now I can't get the picture out of my mind of you in the entire bee girl outfit! I swear only you could pull it off and look amazing! I love how you always look like you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to wear the entire bee girl outfit. Not even on Halloween. Just put it on, go bowling, see a movie, buy some groceries!

      It would be even better if I had a little boom box with me that played No Rain on repeat.

      Delete
  7. LOVE! These pictures are so darling and I'm totally jealous of your hair. You are the epitome of cute!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    P.S. I'm your newest follower <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! So happy to have you as a follower!

      The hair, it's crazy.

      Delete
  8. I love this outfit! So awesome and cute. I really like your outfit photos, like pose wise. You look like you're having so much fun. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always afraid that I'll do the same thing in ever photo and things will get VERY boring and all my internet friends will leave.

      Also, I just checked out your artwork! You go girl! Your stuff is amazing!

      Delete
  9. You always have the most beautiful photos! Love those tights, and now I have Blind Melon in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve is a very talented photographer. I'm super lucky.

      All I can say is that my life is pretty plain......

      Delete
  10. i like your outfit, very cute!
    We can follow each other if you want?
    Love your blog xx
    http://www.wejustfighttoomuch.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you are so darling! I love everything about this post. Especially your shorts! Those are too cute with the buttons :] I also really love the sweater, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I stalked these shorts for two seasons. They were SO expensive and super out of my price range. But I have patience and kept checking (and hoping) that they would go on sale. I guess no one else liked them as much as me and I picked them up for $15. They are meant to be!

      Delete
  12. You are so freakin' cute! I'm so glad you had an awesome Halloween styled weekend. I wish that I could've gone out here in Athens but, alas, I had to work. Still, I loved seeing everyone in costume walking the streets. Maybe you have some pics to share, eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No costume for you!? I bet you have one.

      Oh there will be some Halloween pictures, don't you worry!

      Delete
  13. You look super adorable! your tights reminds me so much of bumble bee!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that sweater! I was so tempted to buy some striped tights at Jo-Ann's too! They only had girls sizes at my store though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost made that mistake too! I picked up some really cute pink ones and almost missed the small script "girls" in the corner. Oops!

      Delete
  15. This look is so much fun! I really love that sweater.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this outfit is so cool! I love it! I love everything you wear, wanna trade wardrobes?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I would totally swap with you. You have great clothes and a wicked sense of style. :)

      Delete

Blogging tips