Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Kittens!

Well well well, we finally changed the clocks! Aside from waking up when it's really dark out, I love daylight savings. I'm pretty much a zombie in the morning anyway so I'd rather have the daylight when I can enjoy it, like after work. I'm always invigorated when I come home and there is still sunlight. It makes me want to run longer, cook, clean, anything that doesn't involve me plopping down on the couch.
And speaking of running, I had my longest run yet this Saturday- 9 miles in East Nashville. East Nashville is VERY hilly and possibly the worst place to run (unless you like punishment and pain). I was really nervous about this run because I was doing it by myself and I've never pushed myself so far. But you know what, I did it. The last two miles were painful (they sucked hardcore- let's be honest) but when I finished my loop I was so proud. I have to give a big thank you to Steve, who drove along the route, found me at mile 7 and showed up with water and a smile. I didn't realize how thirsty I was until I gulped down an entire water bottle!
So this weekend we were able to run some errands that we had been putting off for a while. We are still getting into the swing of cohabiting and even though the house is looking so much better there is still a lot of little stuff that needs to get done. Steve and I have a very impressive amount of concert posters so we decided this weekend to frame a bunch of them! Now if only we have time to hang them!
On Saturday night I went over to the Stone Fox to see Steve's band Scale Model. It was a great night of hanging out with good friends and hearing good music. Also on the bill was Ponychase who I LOVE. Not only are they super talented and make amazing 80s synth ballads but they are all super nice people. Their EP is very good and I highly recommend giving them a listen.
I spent the first Sunday of our new-found longer days working at a local coffee shop and attending a cook out with friends. It was perfect grilling weather and the fact that it stayed bright until 7 just put me in such a great mood. Have I mentioned enough times in this post how happy I am for longer days?!
Now on to the outfit! Isn't this super cute? I picked up this dress from Modcloth a while ago and actually wore it to my birthday party. But because it's made of very light material it's a spring/summer dress for sure. But how cute is it?! When I wore this dress I got several compliments from dudes who loved the kittens and wished that it was more socially appropriate for them to wear kitten clothing. This dress just makes me so happy!
Dress: Modcloth
Tights: Gift
Belt: So old- no idea!
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Necklace: Kelsea Echo

18 comments:

  1. Hehe you look so cute in these pictures. I am so tired from the time change... still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve brought you water at mile 7? Awwww, what a good guy! Glad the cohabitation is going well for you two. How are the cats cohabiting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He got major boyfriend points for that one!

      The cats are doing excellent. They are getting along pretty well. We have some occasional hissing, but no fights!

      Delete
  3. One of the perks of being a girl is mos def being about to wear cat clothing as much as we want. Haha. Truth! Also, I'm obsessed with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these shoes a year and a half ago and I totally don't wear them as much as I should. I plan on breaking them out more this spring.

      Delete
  4. Love this dress- can't get enough cat clothing :) You should be super proud of yourself- I can't even imagine running 9 miles! I think it's pretty amazing when I can make it one ;) We don't have daylight savings in AZ but growing up in Oregon I always looooved the days staying light longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of you not having daylight savings! It makes a lot more sense not to have it these days.

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a fantastic weekend. I, too, am so psyched for longer days and hopefully sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 miles is a really long ways! You're awesome! And that dress is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I love this outfit! You are so cute and this photos are so funny!
    xoxo

    alice c'n'r
    http://cutenroll.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 miles makes me cringe! I've been going on uphill hikes that fill me with so much regret haha. Running up hilly areas.. nooo body would just ache and die. Don't you just feel like a zombie afterwards?!

    I love how vibrant these photos are. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really feel like a zombie- but I usually do need a nap if I plan on going out later that night!

      Delete
  9. I am totally enjoying the extra hour of sunshine at the end of my working day! And also the cat print on that dress. PS WOOOOOHOOOOOOO about 9 miles on our hilly hometurf, jeez Louise! You are an Iron Woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks lady! This weekend was amazing with the extra hour of daylight!

      Delete
  10. This dress is AMAZING! And well done on the 9 mile run. I keep seeing so many blog posts about running lately, It's giving me the kick up the ass I needed to start jogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally download a couch to 5k app for your phone. That is how I started running two years ago. If I didn't start out slow and small I would have never been able to keep at it.

      Delete

Blogging tips