Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, April 26, 2013

Nashville Food Friday: Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes

Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Breakfast is probably my favorite meal. If I could have breakfast for dinner every night of the week, I just might. When I heard that there was a new crepe place in Germantown that served savory and sweet crepes, I knew I had to try it. Steve, Rebecca and I went one Saturday morning after we finished the Purity Diary Dash 10K. I was hungry and ready to eat some breakfast!
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
The restaurant itself is really cute. It's located in what once was The Cocoa Tree (R.I.P.) and I was pretty amazed at how open the place felt. The Cocoa Tree was tight with limited seating, but Red Bicycle is open and has lots of places to park your tush. It has a calm, laid back coffee house feel. I dig it.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Steve and I decided to treat ourselves and get some fancy coffee drinks. Steve got the Nutty Latte which was made with mocha, almond and hazelnut. I had the Macaroon with almond milk which had white chocolate, hazelnut and coconut. While both were good, the Macaroon was the standout. It was so sweet and delicious- definitely not an every day drink.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
I'm going to be brutally honest, our food took FOREVER. The Red Bicycle wasn't packed and it looked like they had a good amount of people in the kitchen. But man, were they SLOW. I think it took us around 45 minutes to get our crepes. Now, if anyone has ever been to Paris and ordered a crepe on the street it takes about 3 minutes. They do it right in front of you- BOOM BOOM. Just like that. I even had to go up to the counter to ask on our order, afraid they forgot about us. I was starving post-race and was getting HANGRY. But we weren't the only people whose food took a long time. A guy behind us ordered one crepe to go. He sat there twiddling his fingers, playing on his cell phone and giving the staff nasty looks. He had to go ask on his food as well- and when he finally got it he stormed out of the place shaking his head. I really think that the Red Bicycle needs to work on their kitchen efficiency.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Rebecca ordered the Hamilton which contained chicken, cheese, tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing. Rebecca doesn't really like ranch, so she asked for them to put it on very lightly. Unfortunately, I don't think they paid attention because when I took a bite it was smothered in ranch. Steve and both I thought it was good, but it wasn't what my friend ordered.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Steve ordered the mexi-crepe which had chorizo, cheese, and some other all around Mexican goodness. This was quite good and Steve really liked it. I love the combination of sour cream and salsa dripped on top- is that not beautiful? This one was probably my favorite of the three I tried.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
I ordered the Florantine and added bacon. It had eggs, cheese mushrooms and spinach. My crepe was huge and packed to the brim. I honestly think it could have fed at least 2 people. My only issue was that the eggs were cooked too long for my liking. They were pretty firm, while I like mine softer. But let's talk about the crepe batter itself for a second. It was amazing! When I could no longer eat any more eggs I picked my crepe apart and just ate the batter. SO GOOD.
Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes in Nashville Tennessee
Overall, the food at Red Bicycle is really good but the wait was just too darn long. AIN'T NO ONE GOT TIME FOR THAT. Plus, right now they have a really good deal on Scout Mob for $4 off your order, so it's a good time to go and try something new. I really want to go back and try their sweet crepes (BANANA NUTELLA FOR THE WIN) but I'll be sure to go when I'm not hungry and have a decent amount of free time. 

UPDATE

2/20/2014: Steve and I went back to the Red Bicycle and had a great time. They fixed their service issues and our food came out really quick. I had the banana, Nutella and walnut crepe and it was DELICIOUS. I'll be coming back for sure!


Red Bicycle Coffee & Crêpes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips