Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, August 17, 2012

Nashville Food Friday: Bobbie's Dairy Dip


A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

Bobbie's Dairy Dip is a Nashville institution. This little shake shack is open in the warmer months only. I know summer is coming when they open. Located on Charlotte Pike, this old school throwback offers retro-charm with damn tasty food offerings.

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

Service is simple at Bobbie's. There is a line for order and pay and a window for pick up. The staff calls your name on the loudspeaker when your order is ready. Sometimes the line can be pretty long. But the young staff keeps it moving. Also, our server was pretty hilarious.

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

The shack is painted with all these cute retro designs. My favorite is the anthropomorphic food that explains how delicious they are and that you need to eat them. That is one self-hating hamburger. Every time I come here I snap some photos of the food doodles.

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee
Since I'm trying to be healthy, I ordered the black bean burger. Now, I'm not delusional and I know that any burger covered in cheese isn't really healthy- the options of "good for you" are non-existent at Bobbie's. But that's ok. Just know it going in. The bean burger was spicy and nicely cooked. It wasn't dried out and you can tell it was homemade. It was covered in cheese and guacamole (which I think improves everything).

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

Steve had the special burger of the day, the Bacon Bleu and BBQ. It's exactly that- a burger with bacon, bleu cheese, and smothered in BBQ sauce. I had one tiny bite and it was good. That was a combination that cannot be beat!

A review of Bobbie's Dairy Dip in Nashville Tennessee

And of course we had to order a side of sweet potato fries (healthy-right?) The fries themselves are great, but the sauce they came with was a little confusing. At first we thought it was just mayo- it had that color and consistency. But when we tasted it, it was- different. I think they were trying to do a horseradish dressing, but it missed the mark. Granted, I still ate it but it confused me with every bite.



And per a recommendation from food and travel blogger Erin, we got the Screamin' Joe Lewis shake. Its a Mexican chocolate shake with cayenne pepper. It tasted like chocolate at first, then burning. It was delicious and addicting. You can't eat at Bobbie's without having an ice cream cone or a shake. You just can't.

So get out there and enjoy the summer! It's what Bobbie's is all about.

Bobbie's Dairy Dip on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

  1. This place looks amazing. We don't have anything like that over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that's it. I've decided you're going to be my personal Nashville tour guide. You always find the best places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to show you around the city! COME AND VISIT!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that place looks so cute and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe i haven't been there yet! i put it in my gps a few YEARS ago but we're never on that side of town. i MUST go before the summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to know place!

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I am in Nashville again I will have to visit this place.

    I'm having a blog giveaway, hope you can stop by and enter. Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool! I love seeing the get ups of diff ice cream shops :)

    I worked at an icecream shop for almost 5 years while I went to college -- best (and stickiest) job I ever had!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips