Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, July 12, 2013

Nashville Food Friday: DeSano Pizza

DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
I know I bitch and moan a lot about how there is no good pizza in Nashville, but after visiting Bella Nashville and now DeSano Pizza, I will eat my hat. Granted, they aren't New York style large flat greasy pies like I'm used to, but they sure do hit the spot. Located in an unassuming building off Demonbreun circle near the Off Broadway shoes, DeSano serves up old world style pizza without the fuss.
DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
DeSano has an interesting ordering system. When you enter you pick out your pizza at the counter and pay for it there. Then you walk to the back where there are big communal tables a la elementary school cafeteria and wait for the nice pizza guys to bring your food. The best part is the kitchen is totally open and you can watch the dough masters at work. And wafting through the dining room is the beautiful smell of baking crust, which emanates from the three old world wood-burning ovens at the back.
DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
Added bonuses- they serve San Pellegrino, AND they're totally BYOB, so plan to bring a nice bottle of wine or your favorite six pack. 
DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
We ordred the Verdura which has broccoli rabe, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, garlic and mozzarella cheese flown in from Italy. I'm sorry (not sorry) that I didn't get a picture of the whole pie, but I was hungry and it smelled so good! My stomach comes first, you know? This pie was absolute heaven. The imported cheese has the most amazing flavor and consistency, and the flavor of the wood-charred crust is just perfect. You can tell that they really care about the ingredients that go into their pies. They understand the simple rule that better the ingredients equals better food.
DeSano Pizza bakery in Nashville Tennessee
Here is me hoarding that missing slice. So good! If you are looking for really good pizza with a no-frills dining experience and the ability to bring your own bottle of wine, go to DeSano. I also think this place would be great for larger parties since everyone can pay for themselves from the get go and the tables are huge!

DeSano Pizza Bakery on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. I actually just went to a place that looks really similar to this in Austin. The name is totally not coming to me right now but it was delicious. This pizza looks YUMMMMMY. Guess you have a go-to pizza now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It is going to be really hard to keep me away from here!

      Delete
  2. There are a few different pizzas that I enjoy in Nashville, but in California the pickins are slimmer. I think pizza is becoming one of those things that you have to keep a really open mind about since so many different regions have their own version of what makes it good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised that Pizza in California isn't amazing. They have so much other good stuff!

      Delete
  3. Oh! Lladybird Lauren recommended this place, too. I want to try it!

    Can I admit that I've missed your posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I totally heard about this from her :)

      Posts might start up again when I get a grip on my new job- but food posts will remain constant. HOPEFULLY

      Delete
  4. I went to a place that was similar to this place, named as Olivia in London. i love pizza. and generally prefer to go these kind of places.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips