Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, March 23, 2012

Food Friday

One of the things I like most is food. I enjoy cooking, eating and growing it.  I'm going to try and do one related food post a week. This will either be a restaurant review, a recipe, or just photos of some of the tasty things I've eaten.  I'm going to start out with one of my favorite places to eat in East Nashville, The Silly Goose.

Located in the Walden development on Eastland road is one of the most honest restaurants in Nashville.  The food is always fresh, and a list behind the kitchen lets you know where your (insert item here) came from.  Over the past year they expanded to almost double the size of the space, but honestly it still isn't big enough for me.  There is always a wait and it is always packed.

They are known for their couscous dishes and sandwiches. My favorite of the couscous is the King Kong, a spicy shrimp mixture with cashews and avocado. The sandwiches, I rotate on. Lyle's Surprise is a hot cappicola concoction that is just the right amount of spice.  I'm a sucker for the T-Bird, a rare house made roast beef. And in keeping with my New York background, one can't go wrong with lox and goat cheese Zipper.

Lyle's Surprise from Yelp user Samantha O.
Also, the specials are great if you feel like s splurge. The Hustler is a Greek yogurt soaked chicken skewer with lentils that I can't get enough of. I want to lick those red lentils right out of the bowl. My other favorite is the RIBS. They go by different names depending on the preparation (there was the Bubba French and now the Pack Mule) but everyone has been super good.

Just a quick note on the service. Great. Staff is friendly, helpful and prompt.  I had my birthday party here this year and they accommodated a group of 20- which is about half the seats in the restaurant.  Ordering was easy, and the food came out at the right time- exactly as everyone ordered it. Also, paying is easy and it's all done by iPad. 
Oh and dessert. Home made ice cream and berry cakes! Oh Joy!

Check out The Silly Goose next time you find your way in East Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips