Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm still in Kindergarten


Most of the time I want to feel like a kid and dress like a kindergarten teacher. This is my current favorite summertime outfit. I've been so hooked I've worn it a few weekends in a row already! The dress was a goodwill find (in the children's department). The back is open and tied with bows- perfect for the Nashville heat. It also has a very high waste band which really makes it look like a kid's dress (which it is). Just felt like letting my inner-child romp around!







The necklace was something I stole out of my Mom's jewlery box when I was in middle school.  She purchased it sometime in the 80s when I didn't appreciate how AWESOME it was. I think we have family pictures of a trip to Disneyworld where my Mom rocked this necklace. I kept borrowing it and eventually my Mom just let me take it with me to college. I wear it constantly and I always get compliments on it. I feel really proud when I get to say that my Mom picked out this amazing, unique piece of jewelry. I have a cool Mom!



The hairbow was something I whipped up last winter. Its a little knit piece that I was hoping to put on a hat or earwarmer that just never found its real home.  I took some extra yarn and crochet looped it to make it more of a headband.  I really think it fits great on the top-bun. I'm inclined to make more for this summer out of felt! I have a TON of project felt.



Dress: Thrifted $2
Necklace: Mom's
Hairbow: Made by me!
Boots: Old Tan Boots
Galsses: Costal

All photos by Steve Cross

1 comment:

  1. we all wish we could go back to kindergarten. you are totally rockin' this outfit, girl! loving all of your accessories!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips