Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, May 6, 2013

Coffee Shop Casual

Happy Monday everyone. This weekend was too rainy for me. This was two weekends of heavy rain in a row and I'm SO OVER IT. Weather, can you please rain during the week while I'm trapped inside? PLEASE. But despite the rain I had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday Leah and I went to see the Flaming Lips/Black Keys show. I think everyone I know and their mother attended this show. I always enjoy the Lips and I have to say, I think they have the best stage light show. I was completely mesmerized by all the blinking lights. The Lips were solid, but seeing the Black Keys (a two-man band) in a huge arena wasn't my favorite thing; it lost the intimate garage rock appeal. I'm so happy Leah took me as her date!
On Saturday Steve's band Scale Model was set to play the Sevier Park Fest, but due to rain all the musical performances were canceled. The rain strikes again! We took the opportunity to run some errands and do some shopping. Later in the day we stopped by the festival and Steve entered the mustache competition. There were some really impressive staches and unfortunately my man didn't win. Later that night we went to the Time after Time art show at Boheme Collectif and, like usual, ended up at Fran's for karaoke.
Sunday was bad weather once again. We celebrated Cinco de Mayo by going out to a local Mexican joint for a breakfast burrito. Later that day we headed over to Portland Brew to get some work done. Steve has been working on wedding and engagement photo sessions and I did some blog business and made a nice dent in God Emperor of Dune.
This is the outfit I wore to the coffee shop. See that lovely Betsey Johnson bag up top? I scored that at Ross on Saturday. I usually have the worst luck at Ross and leave with nothing, but this bag screamed at me from across the room. It's a great travel/laptop bag and I can't wait for it to be my carry-on the next time I travel. It's big enough to hold my laptop, my kindle, all of my regular purse contents plus there is a spot for a few changes of clothes. And, did I mention that I got it for 20% of the MSRP? YUP!
Since I loved the bag so much I wanted to make an outfit that matched the bag. If that makes me lame, oh well. I've had this red and blue sweater for a few years now and I love it. It has a really nice boxy-flowy shape but for some reason I don't feel like I'm swimming in it. I matched it with one of my grandma's necklaces and my favorite pair of jeans. Easy Peasy.
ONCE AGAIN OMG THIS BAG IS AMAZING!

Shirt: Kensie (old)
Jeans: Paige
Necklace: Grandma's
Shoes: Old Pumas
Bag: Betsey Johnson

15 comments:

  1. Betsy Johnson at ROSS?! Good find! I LOVE the 4th picture of you... you rock those beads well.

    I'm glad Keith and I aren't the only ones who weren't blown away seeing the Black Keys in an arena. It didn't feel right. And the Flaming Lips were awesome, but we thought Wayne seemed a bit frustrated to be without his usual stage toys. The Flaming Lips are just too epic to be an opening band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOSH! I never knew that Ross carried BJ at all. I never EVER find anything there. Now I've caught the bug and I feel the need to keep checking back in for some more awesome overlooked deals.


      Re: Wayne. I was wondering where the giant balls and furries were! Also, he was apparently holding a fake baby the whole time? We were so far away I had no idea!

      Delete
  2. I like photo #4 too. But I have a penchant for the "HAAAY - Here I am!!" open mouth pix.

    Have you ever checked out 6pm.com? They often have cute Betsey items on discount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! 90% of the pictures I don't publish are open mouth pics!

      SO... BJ sale site? THANK YOU! This could be dangerous for my wallet.

      Delete
  3. I was so sad I wasn't at the show friday because like you said, "everyone and there mom was there" but this made me feel a little better. I could see the Keys getting a bit swallowed up. I'm sorry Steve's moustache lost, a guy I know won the beard contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! The guy with the wavy beard or the funky freestyle beard?!

      Delete
  4. Love that bag....super cute & love it can hold so much. Also, that shirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will be a sad day when I have to retire this shirt.

      Delete
  5. I looove it when I find things like this at Ross. My favorite bag is a Betsey Johnson from Ross :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! I wish I was let in on the Betsey secret long ago! I would have been a Ross shopper!~

      Delete
  6. so jealous you saw flaming lips! i met wayne a few years ago after one of his shows and he is just the freaking best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm beyond sick of the rain as well! We were also at the show, and the Lips were amazing. I just wish their set had been a bit longer.

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy the Lips and I have to say, I think they have the best stage light show.Cheap Boots For Women

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're always so vibrant. I wish I could pull off red lipstick as well as you do

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips