Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bonnaroo Day 2: Fatback Collective and Cracked

Recapping day 2 already? Bonnaroo is the ultimate time suck. Yesterday I got up and heard the news that Mumford and Sons officially cancelled, and were being replaced with Jack Johnson. So, since neither were bands I'm interested in, my plans (taking a nap during the Sat. headliner) didn't change. What I did do is try the Fatback Collective's pulled pork sandwich for lunch.
Fatback Collective at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
Fatback Collective at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
I've had my fair share of pulled pork sandwiches over the years, but this might be the most tender, juicy one I've had. You can taste the slow cooked piles of love that went into this. The pork had the most perfect color and not one bit was dry or overcooked. It was simply prepared with a dash of sauce and a couple of pickles, but when the meat is this damn good, you don't need to cover it up with anything.
Charli XCX at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
After my fairly early lunch I headed to catch Charli XCX. This girl is a teeny tiny powerhouse that dresses like an extra from Clueless. Plaid skirt? Check. Crop top? Check. Massive platform sneakers? Check. Charli XCX is pure pop music and I feel like a super tween fangirl for liking her as much as I do. To prove how much she loved the 90s, Charli covered Backstreet Boy's I Want It That Way. 
DIIV at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
And I finally got to see DIIV! They have a really beautiful guitar sound, and according to a garbled statement early in the set, their keyboard player quit that morning. Despite their setbacks, I really liked their set. After DIIV, I wandered over to see Foals who put on the best show I've seen at Bonnaroo so far. There was so much energy and passion in their set that the crowd went wild lost their minds. I was for sure bopping my head and screaming along. If you ever have the opportunity to see Foals, DO IT.
Cracked food truck at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
Cracked food truck at Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee
Since I can't go more than 3 hours without eating, I stopped back by the Food Truck Oasis to sample something from Cracked. There are few things I like more in this world than a perfectly cooked egg and I know I'm gonna love a truck that makes this humble food their star ingredient. I did what I had to do and ordered the Goy Vey (bacon, hard salami, hash brown and a fried egg with sweet and spicy cream cheese on a ciabatta roll). This was glorious and for sure the best breakfast-for-dinner I've had in a long time. The sweet and spicy cream cheese made this not your regular run of the mill breakfast sandwich. The only downfall was the hash brown was fairly thin and hard to discern amongst all that fluffy bread.
What Bonnaroo at Night looks like to me

After food I checked out Wu Tang Clan for my friend Jeff who insisted I see it. There were 15 dudes on the stage and a whole bunch of kids making the W with their hands. I think this whole show went over my head. Then it was onto Sir Paul McCartney who put on an epic set that was everything I expected and more (I honestly can't say anything about Paul that hasn't been said before, so I won't even try). Would I be lame to say I teared up a bit during Hey Jude? After Paul I wandered around catching bits of the late night shows including The XX, ZZ Top and Pretty Lights. This is why it's so easy for your day to get away from you at Bonnaroo!

Now it's time for me to head back into Centeroo to see some more bands! 


Cracked Truck on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Blogging tips