|Enjoying Schmaltz Brewing's Funky Jewbilation|
Some of the standout beers for me were:
- Schmaltz Brewing's Funky Jewbilation
- BBC's Dark Star Porter special cask
- Flat 12- Bourbon barrel vanilla amber
- Yazoo's Porter with cocoa nibs and Benton's bacon
- Straight to Ale's Laika Imperial Stout
|The lack of the step stool makes me very short|
I even tried some totally bizarre stuff. The Music City Brewer's group had a jalapeno pepper ale and the mid state brewing association had a sour porter? that tasted like yogurt/goat cheese.
We had lunch at a (new to me) food truck Blackbird Heritage. It is a farm to table venture where they grow and prepare their own meats. I had a lamb sandwich with pickled red onions and yogurt sauce. One of the freshest food truck treats I've had in a while and not bank breaking at under $10. I'm looking forward to seeing them around this summer.
|Happy beer faces|