Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Flea Market Finds

On the third weekend of every month Nashville hosts one of my favorite events, the flea market. I wait all month for this glorious weekend of shopping. Normally, I come home empty handed. But because this time I went with my parents (they are experts at catching fleas) and had two extra sets of eyes, I cleaned up. Here are my spoils!


I've been collecting animal skulls and antlers for a bit. My plan is to have the entire wall behind my TV filled with them. I was lucky enough to find a large cow head and a full deer skull with antlers that were in my price range (i.e. Cheap). The guy who sold me the deer also threw in those set of antlers. Bonus.


I also have a small collection of letters from old signs. I've hung them over the couch in the living room and it currently spells out "U & Me". I got the letters and ampersand at different times, so they all are different typefaces from different signs.  Today, I got an O and an F from same sign in the same typeface. Score! Now I just need to find some more letters to spell out something appropriate to hang up.


I recently decided that I would collect those kitschy travel plates to hang in my kitchen. I already had a few from previous yardsales but didn't know exactly what to do with them. Enter the idea of collecting more and making a wall out of it. At the flea I picked up two state plates, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and one Amish country plate. That one makes me giggle.


And finally I got some more fiesta for my kitchen. I added four small bowls, one pink mug, and one large blue plate. These are the modern fiesta, but I actually use these daily and needed some more so I wasn't running the dishwasher every other day. I think these little bowls are the perfect size for a scoop of ice cream. Thats what I'll be putting in those.

Did anyone go flea marketing or thrifting this weekend? Find anything good? Share!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love your finds, esp the skulls & antlers! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips