Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So I guess I love sewing now... (A Fabric Round Up)

If you couldn't tell, I'm really into sewing now. I'm still pretty terrible at it but I absolutely love doing it! After work I run, shower, eat dinner and then move to my craft room for an hour. If I can get a full hour in to work on my sewing, I'm ecstatic (Most of that hour is usually unpicking seams that I sewed wrong- oops!) Because of my new found love I'm constantly trolling for awesome fabric. Here are some of my most recent favorites.
African Wax Prints Sewing Fabrics Sold By Yard (pagne)
Lately I've been obsessed with African Fabrics. I absolutely love the wax print variety, and love the color of this print. Can you just imagine a maxi dress in this? TO DIE FOR.
CATS ALLOVER Fabric New 100% Cotton Quilting Sewing Cat KITTY Kitten
Of course CATS! I love this print and I think it would be perfect for a tote bag! Or, maybe a bowtie to be worn by one of my cats.
Spicy Chicken Wings Novelty
Yes that is buffalo chicken wing fabric and yes, I love this. I actually have big plans for this print in the future. (and it is not an apron...).
 http://www.jandofabrics.com/Uploads/Sized/397864_full.jpg
I'm totally bummed because I wanted to by this print so bad but it's out of stock. I'm tempted to stalk the internet to find this pattern somewhere else. It's SO PERFECT for me. It has SPACE CATS. Are any of you internet sleuths able to take on this challenge? It's a Michael Miller if that helps.
TIMBER & LEAF - Playful Fox in Blue - Sarah Watts for Blend Fabrics - 1 Yard
This fox fabric is just lovely. I love the mix of pastels. This would make an adorable bubble skirt!

This is a lot of inspiration. I guess I have to get moving.....

9 comments:

  1. IN STOCK!!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/63433555/michael-miller-fabric-retro-rocket

    If you're ever looking for something, all you need to do is copy the pictures URL, go to Google, click on Images, where you're supposed to type what you're looking for you'll see a little camera icon to the right, click on it and enter the URL. This will allow you to search for that picture online, it takes a second and is also great for finding original sources to pictures :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man you ARE THE BEST. And this is totally great advice.

      I have that linked bookmark for when I need some new fabric. Perhaps a Judy Jetson style dress?

      Delete
  2. I'm crazy, crazy for that first African print, and a skirt made out of buffalo wings? DO IT. You totally have to do that. I hope you follow through with your space cat dreams now that the previous commenter has sourced the material!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, My space cat dreams are SO LARGE! THEY CAN NEVER BE COMPLETE

      Delete
  3. I love that fox print. My friends maiden name is fox and she's having a baby next Month so I've become obsessed with pretty pastel fox stuff lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you can make her something out of this pretty fabric!

      Delete
  4. Awww man, i seriously love these fabrics!! A catsallover dress would be amazing. I am kind of the same - I'm not thaaat great at sewing and so I buy all these amazing fabrics but then am too scared to ever do anything with them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your stuff and you are good at sewing! I love your little jumpers that you make.

      Now a cat jumpsuit.... that's an idea!

      Delete
  5. hmmm kul see here for real boots http://www.safetybootguide.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips