Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, June 10, 2013

Cats in Space!

Happy Monday folks! It's really hard coming back from a really nice weekend to a Monday. I know I'm going to sound a lot like Garfield here but I am not liking this Monday one bit. 3 day weekend please? Plus with all the stuff I feel like I need to get ready for Bonnaroo, I'm a total stress ball. I know it's a music festival and should be fun- so why am I totally stressing out about it? Deep breaths.
On Friday night I was able to hang out with a friend of mine who was back in town after moving to LA not that long ago. We had a nice night catching up. On Saturday I cleaned the house and finally started to watch Game of Thrones. I know I'm years behind on this, but I'm finally making time for it and I'm really happy I did. I've watched maybe 5 episodes of the first season and I'm totally hooked. Later in the day I met up with fellow local blogger Aubrey and my girls Leah and Stephanie and went to the Native Backyard BBQ at Fond Object. There was a waterslide, music, beer, brats and free doughnuts from Glazed (I might have eaten more than one). It's events like these that make me totally love my neighborhood.
After the BBQ Aubrey and I went over to see Tony Hale, who plays Buster on Arrested Development, at the Hey Brother! event. While Tony Hale was awesome, the event itself was pretty awkward. Some local band played a short set before the event even started, something that wasn't on the tickets. And then for some reason, due to poor planning, they showed an ENTIRE episode from the first season. Let's be honest, if you are at this event you have probably seen that episode multiple times and have no urge to pay money to see it again. Also, the dude who interviewed Tony was a douche and didn't appear to have any knowledge of the show and didn't know how to ask interview questions. Rookie mistakes y'all. But Buster was funny and I had a great time hanging out with Aubrey!
On Sunday my amazing foodie friend Ana Beth hosted a brunch at her place. She is one of the few people who I totally implicitly trust when it comes to food. We had savory bread pudding, currant scones, kale salad and some amazing cocktails. I ate more than I should have but whatever, I'm honored to eat her food!

And where was Steve all weekend? He was with his band Scale Model recording their new album over at Battletapes. They have a gaggle of new songs to put down and I'm proud and excited for them. The band works so hard and I know how much they have been looking forward to recording!
So in honor of the the new record, I'm wearing the new limited edition Scale Model tshirt designed by Funky Catsterz. It's a fat cat floating in space shooting laser beams from its eyes! I couldn't be more in love with this design or all the other awesome things that Funky Catsterz makes. I highly recommend checking out her shop and taking a gander at all the amazing cat artwork. I really want a few for my new office! You can also order the tshirts on Scale Model's bandcamp.
Skirt: American Apparel
Leggings: Drop Dead
Necklace: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: No clue where I got these

15 comments:

  1. Steve's bands shirt is ROCKIN', and paired with the kitty leggings, what an outfit! Love it. I know exactly what you mean about getting stressed over an-event-you're-looking-forward-to-- the whole "what do I wear, what do I bring, what do I not bring?!" can be a hassle! But I bet you'll have a ball once you're on the road to and settled in there next weekend.

    HOW DID I MISS BUSTER? #muststartreaingweeklyeventlistings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally freaking out until we went shopping last night and I got tons of stuff that we needed. I'm feeling a lot more prepared today. Whew.

      Delete
  2. great outfit, I love it so much!
    xoxo

    alice c'n'r
    http://cutenroll.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, that's totally my hood. I catch the buss there by the tattoo parlor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's my hood too. I just LOVE the color of these buildings.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Steve's band t-shirt! I don't know Mandy personally, but she is friends with my friend Nikki. Her work is so fun! I really need to buy something from her soon. Your whole outfit looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm totally obsessed with her work :)

      Delete
  5. I really love the new scale model design. ridiculous and adorable! Also, I was eager to hear how the Buster thing was on Saturday...initially I had wanted to go, but then realized it was the same day as my best friends bday party so I opted out. That is disappointing though. You would think they would at least have an AD fan interview. I'm glad I am not the only one behind on Game of Thrones. Maybe that will be my next undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the Buster thing they did let the audience ask questions. And trust me, those were a million times better than the "professional" interviewer. My favorite was the kid who asked what Tony Hale's real life relationship with his own mother was like.

      Delete
    2. I wanted to go on stage and kick that DJ out of the room. He obviously was no fan of the show, and anyone who's seen it could have done a better job. Ugh. It would be like me interviewing an NFL player. "So, um, do you get excited about those touchdown things?"

      That said, Tony Hale was hilarious and made it worth the time in the end!

      Delete
  6. Your style is just so cute and I love the way you take your photos!! :)
    - Becky xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! My boyfriend Steve is the talented photographer, not me!

      Delete
  7. I love that shirt! That sucks that the show wasn't any better, but I bet seeing Buster was cool. I haven't started this season of Game of Thrones and it sucks because everyone spoiled the red wedding episode for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Game of thrones is awesome, I'm so hooked on it. Tyrion and Khaleesi are amazing! I love these leggings, every time I see you post about them I'm tempted to try and buy some.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips