Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Monday, November 19, 2012

Huge Sweater and some Fall Flamingos

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. This weekend I celebrated my darling Steve's birthday. We had a nice big dinner at China Cottage followed by drinks with friends. I was so tickled by how much love this guy has. He is very lucky. Yesterday Steve and I ran the Mayor's 5k. It was so nice outside and a perfect afternoon for a run. I didn't do as well as I wanted, but we all have those days right? I guess it wasn't my race. Then Sunday night we went to a friendsgiving dinner hosted by a few of the people in the Protomen. If you don't know them, check them out. Especially if you like rock operas about Megaman (I mean, who doesn't?). Also, the lovely Jen from Librarian Tells All was there! We got a chance to talk about blogging, knitting and some good books!
We did this outfit shoot at at the Shops at Fatherland. It is a new development in East Nashville that provides small storefront space to new businesses. We were there on a Sunday, so most of the stores weren't open. I love small businesses and I think that this little sopping area is such a great idea. Makes me wish I had the knowledge/drive/ability to open up a small shop. 
I purchased this sweater two summers ago at the Nashville Flea Market. I got it because I planned on going as the Log Lady (from Twin Peaks) for Halloween that year. I bought it clearly as a costume, but wound up loving it. It is just the right size on me and I love the pattern. I never wound up dressing up as the log lady, but now I wear this sweater far to often. My sweater has something to say to you...
So the flamingo tights are making a comeback! I know that orange and pink don't really match, but whatever. I want to wear these tights as much as possible before it gets too cold. Of course, I'm wearing one of my creations from my new Etsy store, The BombPom. If you want to win a pompom barrette and earrings don't forget to enter my giveaway here!
Sweater: Flea Market
Shirt: Old Navy
Tights: Romwe
Shoes: Some shoe outlet last year
Necklaces: My Grandma's
Hair Clip: The BombPom

24 comments:

  1. Those Tights! So freaking cute, the sweater is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is one of those "they don't really match, but what the hell." kind of outfits

      Delete
  2. Those tights are amazing. And I love the pink and orange together!

    ♥ Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful! I love those tights to much, and you can't go wrong with a lovely knitted sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sweater! You look so lovely. That's so funny that you know people in Protomen. They are awesome. I didn't know they were from Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve went to college with most of the Protomen so that is my connection. They are a really wonderful group of people. And also super talented!

      Delete
  5. Those tights are freaking adorable, and I love that jumper! So cosy and I love the colour and pattern. These photos are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! This is all Steve's magic. He is an amazing photographer.

      Delete
  6. Awesome awesome tights! You look gorgeous as usual ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tights are awesome. :D haha! Love that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweater is key. I have no idea what I'll do when it finally kicks the bucket. It's starting to get holes....

      Delete
  8. I would probably wear that sweater all of the time too. And those tights are pretty crazy but really cool as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always like to have large birds on my pants.

      Delete
  9. How neat!!! I love the tights!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like they are so crazy I have to get as many wears as possible out of them.

      Delete
  10. Aww, thanks for the shout out! It was so nice to finally get to talk with you. Let me know about possible sleepover plans, yes?

    Also: these tights require some serious bravery! Wow. At first glance, I thought they had a diagram of human musculature printed on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are muscle tights out there- and I really want a pair. They also have some that have your skeletal structure. Anatomically correct tights for the win!

      Delete
  11. Holy crap those flamingo pants are amazingggg! And you look totally rockin' in them! I really like the sweater also. I think it looks great together. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian! You are so sweet! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well!

      Delete
  12. this outfit is absolutely fantastic. it's so perfect, the colors. ahh!
    Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips